I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the various transaction types that are possible on sales ledger items (or for that matter purchase ledger items). These are stored in the STRAN.ST_TRTYPE (sales ledger) or PTRAN.PT_TRTYPE (purchase ledger).
Some seem quite straight forward, for instance:
- ‘A’ – Adjustment, credit or debit.
- ‘C’ – Credit Note.
- ‘F’ – Refund (another kind of credit adjustment).
- ‘I’ – Invoice.
- ‘R’ – Payment\Cash sales ledger.
- ‘P’ – Payment\Cash purchase ledger.
- ‘D’ – Discount – (another kind of credit adjustment).
But then I am slightly less clear about:
- ‘B’ – Visible as “B/F” Brought Forward – what does this mean? Opening balance?
I have searched in vain for a list or transaction type descriptions, so if anyone can offer any help it would be appreciated. Am I roughly correct?